Pound for Pound, the BEST Price-to-Speed Ratio Around.
(January, 17 2006 – Placentia, CA) CalDigit proudly announces the Flagship of the CalDigit line, the HD444, (formerly named the S2VR Pro).
For the first time, high-end HD editing is truly affordable. CalDigit’s latest 3Gb/s SATA RAID technology can deliver an amazing 450 MB/s speed in one compact unit. HD444 is designed to be a quiet desktop drive or easily converts to become a 19″ rack mount powerhouse. It’s rugged aluminum enclosure has excellent heat dissipation. Drives, fans and power supply are all modular in design for quick and easy replacement and reduced downtime.
This is an 8-Drive solution capable of 4:4:4, 10 bit, uncompressed 1080/60i, HD editing power, with available capacities up to 8TB and speeds on a single unit of up to 450MB/s. Scalable top speeds of up to 900MB/s are attainable (using 2 units). The HD444 is offered in changeable RAID settings of 0, 1, 10 and JBOD.
”We’re very excited to announce that our new flagship product is shipping soon,” said Jon Schilling, CalDigit’s Account Manager. “Under performance mode, the HD444, can easily handle dual steams of uncompressed, 10 bit HD at a very affordable price-point”.
- Up to 8TB Capacity
- Cool Swap Front Loading Drive Modules for Rack-Mount Functionality
- Stands as a vertical tower (handles on top) for portability or with a quick and simple change to the handles (converted), the unit becomes a 19” horizontal rackmount RAID
- 2 Quiet Cool Swap 12X12MM Modular (User-Replaceable) Ball Bearing Fans
- 400W Cool Swap Switch Mode (User-Replaceable) Power Supply with fan.
- Progressive, Rugged, Modular Sound-Proof and Vibration-Resistant Design
- Aluminum Housing for Excellent Heat Dissipation
- RAID functionality RAID 0,1, 10 & JBOD
- CalDigits’GUI for monitoring status
- 2TB $2999.00
- 4TB $4500.00
- 6TB $6500.00
- 8TB $ TBA
For more information: http://www.caldigit.com/HD444.asp
CalDigit Inc is a manufacturer of affordable, quality SATA II 3Gb/s RAID products.